Liver cancer & HepB

Hi Dr. McGovern,

I was on Hepasera for four months. Now I am on Baraclude right after Hepasera. The reason I was switched to Baraclude is because the HBV DNA number didn't go down. Now my doctor is suspacious that I have liver cancer. Could liver cancer be the reason that the medication doesn't work on me? What is the chances for the HBV DNA to go down for me if I do have cancer? What is the chances for me to get better?

I have a 12 month old at home. I am worried that I may die when my baby is still little.

Thank you very much,

Your physician may be concerned about liver cancer due to an elevated alphafeto protein level in your blood. I have seen mild elevations also with advanced liver disease in the absence of tumor, which I am sure your physician is ordering. The most important thing to do right now is to get imaging of your liver to rule out the possibility of liver cancer.

I wish you the best.

Dr. McGovern

Hepatitis B with me ...
From Africa again, 3rd Attempt please answer this time