HBV & Triglycerides Level

Hello Dr McGovern, If I have HBV/HIV and have high triglyceride levels which are close to 400, can you give me a list of prescribed drugs available that will not affect my liver and that will lower triglycerides? Diet and exercise are not lowering these levels. I am currently taking Sustiva, Epivir, Videx EC, Benicar, and Hepsera. Thank you for your time and response.

In terms of your hepatitis B, the main thing to do is to monitor your liver function tests while you are taking any medications. The other important thing to know are the signs of hepatitis - fatigue, nausea, vomiting, right upper quadrant pain. If any of these occur, you will want to get testing to be certain that any of your medications are causing elevated liver function tests. As for a medication for your triglycerides, all of them can cause elevated liver function tests, but with serial monitoring you should do well. Also make certain that you have had testing for triglycerides while fasting. Dr. McGovern

hepa b couple
Hepatitis B Curable?