please, please answer!

My brother that is 16 was just diagnosed with hepititus today (may 11th), he has been very sick and throwing up since last sunday (may 8th) but we dont know if he has hepititus A,B, or C yet.

I was wondering if it ends up him having hepititus C I know there's a cure, but how effective is it and how long are the treatments usually?

And also I know it can be transmitted through blood, but can it be transmitted sexually? or through saliva? and am I at risk at all of catching it? (I'm 17 by the way and i still live in the same household)

But what if it's hepititus b?, is there treatments and are they effective?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Acute hepatitis C is virtually 100% curable with early treatment and is not sexually transmitted so you don't have to worry about getting that from your brother. Hepatitis A is very contagious and is transmitted easily in households, so until you know which kind he has he should use a separate bathroom from all of you and you should all do lots of handwashing. Hepatitis B almost always clears on its own but can be treated acutely if necessary. It is spread through blood like hepatitis C but can also be transmitted sexually. You and your brother should both have been vaccinated for this. Ask your pediatrician. Good luck, let us know which kind he has! DTD

Hepatitis C new treatment
Chronic HepB Case (Please help)