|sexual or oral transmission by hep c
May 16, 2005
I have recently met a woman with hep c and was curious about transmission of the hep c virus through sexual intercourse or by kissing and or oral sex? Please advise. Thanks
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
Good question! In an Italian study of about 900 hetersexual married couples over ten years there was no sexual transmission of HCV. It is not really a sexually transmitted disease. You should not share razors and toothbruses where blood to blood transmission may occur. Among men who have sex with men it does seem to be transmitted sexually. Therefore we also caution heterosexual couples not to have unprotected anal intercourse. So go ahead have fun, but be careful! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Tingling In Fingers An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Burning Urethra After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Oral Ulcers After Oral Sex With No Protection What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Pain In Penis After Topping With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.