|sexual or oral transmission by hep c
May 16, 2005
I have recently met a woman with hep c and was curious about transmission of the hep c virus through sexual intercourse or by kissing and or oral sex? Please advise. Thanks
Response from Dr. Dieterich
Good question! In an Italian study of about 900 hetersexual married couples over ten years there was no sexual transmission of HCV. It is not really a sexually transmitted disease. You should not share razors and toothbruses where blood to blood transmission may occur. Among men who have sex with men it does seem to be transmitted sexually. Therefore we also caution heterosexual couples not to have unprotected anal intercourse. So go ahead have fun, but be careful! DTD
Help with ways of being vaccinated for it.
Hepatitis C new treatment
- What Can I Use To Stop The Itching Of The Shingles?
- What Can I Use Over The Counter To Treat Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- What Are The Long And Short Term Problems With Genital Warts?
- Ways To Get Syphilis Without Having Sex
- Can Washing After Sex Can Help Prevent Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.