Worried Cop

I've been a police officer for about 12yrs. Recently I went for routine blood test and they told me that something in my blood was elevated. I go in for an ultra-sound on Fri. If they do tell me that I have Hep, which one will it probably be? I don't know much about it. My big question is, can I still work as a police officer. It's my life. I could/will be black balled if anyone finds out. Is my insurance required to tell my employer? Should I tell my employer? WHAT DO I DO. I was also told my mother has fatty liver. Is this hereditary. They told me that there is a chance I have that. Help me PLEASE.

I think you need to get some solid information before you panic. You could have a variety of things such as hepatitis A, B, C, fatty liver etc...

Sometimes it is worse when you don't have enough information and a diagnosis. Please try to remain calm until you have had an informational session with your physician. Then a logical plan can be made.

Dr. McGovern

I dont know what this is?
Help with ways of being vaccinated for it.