Hepa B

hi this are my test results for hepa b. 8-2-2004 count cut-off HbsAg 2.122 .073 HbeAg .052 .069 Anti-Hbe .885 .266 11-3-2004 HbsAg 2.417 .079 Anti-Hbe .241 .266 SGPT 88 1-30-2005 HbsAg 1.423 .086 SGPT 5.5 5-02-2005 HbsAg 2.5 .094 SGPT 129.92

I've been experiencing it for 1 year and 7 months. Can you please explain the results especially the last one. I was confuse with the last one. I'm on and off taking lamivudine it's because I don't have much money to buy especially on the last test. Do you a better way to treat this? Thanks best regards

You do have chronic hepatitis B; however, the rising antibody titers are encouraging. What is missing is your HBV DNA results. That would be helpful to know if your virus in your blood has disappeared.

I would not take lamivudine on and off as you describe. This will breed resistance.

Other new medications include entecavir. You might want to speak to your provider to see if you can get assess to lamivudine or this medication through a special needs program.

Dr. McGovern

Chronic hepB Case (Please Help)
I dont know what this is?