finished treatment

Dear Dr. McGovern,

First off, I want to thank you. I've asked a few questions over the past year, and your responses helped very much to calm a very unsettled state of mind. Last week, I finished a 48 week pegintron/ribavirin treatment, and was undetectable from 5 weeks into it, and still am. My question is, would it be foolish to have an occasional beer or glass of wine this early after treatment? I haven't touched a drop over the last year, and don't want to jeapordize the success of the treatment, but I do want to celebrate (albeit very moderately) having finished.

What do you think?

Again, many many thanks.

I think a glass of wine or beer would be fine to celebrate. I very much wish you continued success at 6 months! Dr. McGovern

HBV DNA result
HCV QN by bDNA