HBV DNA result

I just get the results of my HBV DNA using Hybrid II. The results is <142,000 copies/ml. The doctor told me my viral loads is below the detectables ranges. He did not give me any medication. Just told me to continue my essentialle maintenance. He also advises me to take a monthly SGOT and SGPT to monitor my liver. Is that the right test? Please give some info. coz I am very confused with my doctor.

If your virus is below detectable range, that is certainly good news for you. It is also reasonable to monitor your liver function tests serially since sudden changes in these levels may indicate recurrent viremia (virus in your blood).

Perhaps you are an "inactive" carrier - HBsurface antigen positive, E antigen negative, E antibody positive, no detectable HBV DNA.

finished treatment