Pregnany/Treatment

Hi, you recently helped me with a question on if I should start treatment now or what to have kids first. My viral load was 47,700 Hep C 2b with stage 1 liver biopsy. My next question is, once I do the treatment and it clears the virus, will I ALWAYS test positive for Hep C? How does that work? After treatment, am I able to enjoy a glass of wine or do I continue not to drink forever? And lastly am I ever able to get a life insurance policy?

With your infection - genotype 2b - I think you have a fantastic chance of clearance of virus in your bloodstream and liver. You also have time to be treated since your biopsy is mild.

HCV antibody remains. I am not sure about life insurance policies, but if you were denied, and had been "cured" by treatment, your doctor should be able to write you a letter.

Yes a glass or two of wine a day would be okay.

Dr. McGovern

Fear of HB Treatment
interference