Puzzled by HBV DNA Test

Thank you for all your support and helpful insights on this forum..

I've been a chronic Hep B since I was a kid. Recently, for the first time, my new doctor got me on a HBV DNA Test (Quant PCR). When the results came back, the numbers shocked me and I'm really confused by these numbers. Confuse because the rest of my Hepatic function test came back normal (except for the SGPT which is around 63).

My Hep B Viral DNA QT results are 9,390,000 IU/mL and 34,400,000 copies/mL. Please help me understand what these numbers mean.

My doctor suggested that I should go for an ultrasound and liver biopsy next. Based on these numbers, would you recommend a biopsy done?

Thank you in advance for your help. Appreciate it much.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Absolutely you should have an ultrasound, an alfa fetoprotein blood test and a liver biopsy. It sounds like you probably need to be treated as well. It sounds like a lot of HBV, but typical viral levels are up to a billion copies or more. You have a good doctor! DTD

helppppp
HBV dna test