hight alt hep c test neg

i was for a checkup and my gp told me that my ALT WAS 98 AND THE REST OF LIVER ENZYMES WAS NORMAL.TEST FOR HEP C ANTIBODYS AFTER 5 MONTHS NEGATIVE ,HEP B TEST NEGATIVE.DO I NEED FURTHER TESTIN FOR HEP C,HEB B? PLEASE HELP ALEX

I think you are out of the woods for viral hepatitis.

However, you have abnormal liver function tests. I would discuss your current medications with your physician to see if any may be the problem.

The other issue is you may need evaluation for other causes of liver disease including steatohepatitis (NASH) secondary to obesity, hemochromatosis, and others.

Dr. McGovern

HBV Sweat transmission
boyfriend and hep c