Apr 30, 2005
Test results: Positive for HBcAb Neg for (HBcAb IgM, HBsAg, HBsAb, HBeAg, HBeAb, Hep C Ab). What does this all mean? Can I transmit to others? Am I protected from Hep B? I was told the virus is there but sleeping.
Response from Dr. McGovern
Isolated hepatitis B core tests do occur occasionally. Their significance is unclear.
Unless you have clear cut risk factors, I am not convinced you have been exposed in the past.
Some experts recommend hepatitis B vaccine, but that is also unclear.
Positive then negative
Hep B test-stressing here-HELP SOON!!!!!
- What Is The Risk Of Getting HIV From Massage?
- Does Burning Penis Mean I Have Hiv?
- Jock Itch After Breast Sucking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rectal Bleeding After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Testicular Pain After Receptive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Insertive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.