Apr 30, 2005
Test results: Positive for HBcAb Neg for (HBcAb IgM, HBsAg, HBsAb, HBeAg, HBeAb, Hep C Ab). What does this all mean? Can I transmit to others? Am I protected from Hep B? I was told the virus is there but sleeping.
Response from Dr. McGovern
Isolated hepatitis B core tests do occur occasionally. Their significance is unclear.
Unless you have clear cut risk factors, I am not convinced you have been exposed in the past.
Some experts recommend hepatitis B vaccine, but that is also unclear.
Positive then negative
Hep B test-stressing here-HELP SOON!!!!!
- Can You Get HIV From Picking Your Nose?
- Penis Discharge After Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts If You've Never Had Sex?
- How Long After Unprotected Sex Does It Take To Know You May Have A Std?
- Are Lymphocytes High Or Low With Hiv?
- Can You Get Hiv From Sucking On A Woman's Breast?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.