|Positive then negative
Apr 30, 2005
I was told 17yrs ago when I gave blood that I was Hep C positive. Since then I have had 2 or 3 Hep C blood tests, 1 as recent as 2 years ago. Now today, I was notified that a blood test showed positive for Hep c. I'm really confused. I was told the first positive test was a "false positive" not 17yrs later another? Your opinion please.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
To settle the issue, I would get a RIBA test which will confirm if you are truly positive or not.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Painful Ejaculation After Eating Food Made By Someone With HIV Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Anal With Condom Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Unprotected Vaginal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Sharing Vibrators Worried I Have HIV
- Can I Mix Fluconazole And Monistat?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.