|Positive then negative
Apr 30, 2005
I was told 17yrs ago when I gave blood that I was Hep C positive. Since then I have had 2 or 3 Hep C blood tests, 1 as recent as 2 years ago. Now today, I was notified that a blood test showed positive for Hep c. I'm really confused. I was told the first positive test was a "false positive" not 17yrs later another? Your opinion please.
Response from Dr. McGovern
To settle the issue, I would get a RIBA test which will confirm if you are truly positive or not.
- Pain In Balls After Barebacking Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Purple Spots After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Rectal Bleeding After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Can Bacterial Vaginosis Cause Vaginal Bleeding?
- Can I Take Amoxicillin For Vaginal Infections?
- Pathophysiology Of Cervical Cancer
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.