Hep B

Hello. Just about two weeks ago my dad just found out that he have Hep B. he is 71yrs.old. the doc give hime two options about the surgery. one was to get a liver transplant and the second was to laser it out..the doc doesn't recommend the transplant for his age and leading to other infections and the lasering it out it might come back again..I don't know much about hep B..the doctor also mention that asian is commonly get it to..please help me out so I can share info you might have to determine what is the best option for him..

I am somewhat puzzled as to what we are talking about regarding your father's hepatitis B infection. I have some concerns about your phrase "lasering it out". Does your father have a tumor in his liver?

If so, it sounds like you are in a good environment to get advice. I get the impression that your doctor is very experienced and knowledgeable. I would talk with his physician to understand all the options and follow his personal advice as to what he considers to be the best alternatives.

Asian patients with hepatitis B can get certain complications, such as cirrhosis or tumor, particularly after decades of infection.

Best wishes for your father's recovery.

Dr. McGovern

Hep c+Cirrhosis
Hep c blood counts