mother to daughter?
Apr 30, 2005
My wife had a liver transplant 15 years ago. It was determined that hepitis (unknown type) caused her liver problems. My daughter is concerned that she may be infected form my wife. Should she be and what should she do if this may be a problem? Thank You, Art Henline
Response from Dr. McGovern
Fifteen years ago takes us back to 1990. Hepatitis C testing became reliable 1992.
I would have expected that if hepatitis C was an issue, it would have been rechecked even after the transplant was done so I strongly doubt this.
Also, even if HCV was a consideration, this virus is not passed onto household contacts.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Flaky Skin An Ars Symptom?
- Can HIV Be Transmitted Through Sex With A Prostitute?
- Sex With A Prostitute How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For HIV
- Ache In Testicles After Unprotected Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Black Spots After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Erotic Massage Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.