|help dr.McGovern I'm scared!!
Apr 30, 2005
hi Dr. McGovern I was exposed to the blood of a person that I later found out had yellowish eyes. She also told me she had been feeling kind of fatigued. She told me this was probably due to bad circulation and doesn't want to get tested for hep or hiv. This happened 6 weeks ago, yesterday I tested for heb B and it came out negative, is this reliable? How long shoud I wait for a reliable hiv, hep b & C test? I've been feeling strange discomfort in my abdomen, specially on the right side, sometimes loss of appetite, and nausea at times, is this of great concern?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
Sometimes when people have a potential exposure, they experience a lot of symptoms due to anxiety. I would simply follow-up with your physician for examinations, serial testing (at 3 months and 6 months) and then you will be reassured.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Loose Stool After Sucking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Penis After Having Sex During Period What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Touching Vaginal Secretions Worried I Have HIV
- Vomiting After Getting A Tattoo Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Touching Vaginal Fluid Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.