HEP B & Required Physical

Dear Dr. McGovern, Here are my test results: Surface AG+, Surface AB-, IGM non-reactive, Hep C&A-, Core AB+, anti-HBE+, HBV E antigen-, HBV DNA is less than 200 copies/mL. Every six months I have my liver enzymes checked which are always within the normal range. And I have my DNA checked and it is always the same, within the negative range stated above. I have also have a liver biopsy completed once a year (2 so far) which have always came back normal.

I have always been told not to worry but I am getting ready to apply for a new job which requires a physical. I am very embarrassed by my status and don't want this to cause me to lose and advantage I might have for this position. Will I ever clear the virus? Should I be afraid of this the rest of my life? I found out I was a Hep B carrier three years ago when I was pregnant. Prior to that I did go through two rounds of Hep B Vaccine. Does that have any bearing on my current tests? I feel lost and stuck with a lable. Should I be seeking out medical advise to begin taking meds to clear the virus?

I would not undergo treatment because there is no virus present in your blood to treat.

Since your immune system is keeping the virus "under wraps" I think there is a good chance over time that your E antigen will turn from positive to negative. Your results over time are very reassuring.

If there is some confusion over your medical health and it is questioned at all, just have your physician write a note which explains that you are being followed for a medical problem which in no way will affect your ability to work.

Good luck with your job hunting. Dr. McGovern

I am so confused with the results need your expert opinio ..please
help dr.McGovern I'm scared!!