hep b core ab igm positive?? ?

...Hep B screen results say HBsAg negative & Hep B Core AB, IgM* Positive---So,my concern is have I had it and done or in "WINDOW" where i am in process of getting sick in next months being surface AG is negative but I show have been exposed (igm).....according to various websites igm means very recent and could be infection occuring and not resolved yet??.......WORRIED to death here????!!!!!!!....Please comfort me with a direct answer--THANKS.

Yes this combination of blood tests would suggest that you recently got hepatitis B infection.

The vast majority of people clear hepatitis B on their own. The fact that your surface antigen is already cleared suggests that this will certainly be the case for you as well.

You will need to discuss with your physician how you may have contracted hepatitis B, whether you need testing for other transmissable viruses (HIV or hepatitis C), and whether anyone you are living with need hepatitis B protection.

Dr. McGovern

hepitis B
scared and worried