Apr 30, 2005
Kindly interpret my hepatitis profile:
July 2003, from HBsAg = 3663, reactive SGPT=163
March 2005 to HBsAg = 1450 SGPT=83
My doctor advice me to have HBV DNA and take 2x a day essentialle forte. When I inquire about the test to a clinic, he gave me two types of test "Detection and quantitation". Which of the two is the right one.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
When patients have chronic hepatitis B infection their hepatitis B surface antigen is positive and they have detectable viremia in their bloodstream. This is checked by ordering a HBV DNA quantitative test.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Itchy Vagina A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Sore Throat An Acute Symptom Of HIV?
- Burning Penis After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Burning Urethra After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Herpes After Licking Genital Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.