How sick am I ?

Hello Dr. Dieterich, My test results are from Europe, as follows: HBe antigeni positive, HBe anticorpi( antibody I guess) negative, HBs elisa positive, PCR ADN HBV cantitative 2865 copies/ ML, HCV anticorpi negative, anticorpi anti hep delta negative, anticorpi anti HBc IgM negative and the biopsy result is chronic hep B with discrete signs of activity and without fibrosis. The question is: how sick am I? And should my doctor recommend any treatment? because she didn't. Thank you.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Most doctors would not recommend treatment at that level HBV DNA. I however have a much lower threshold for treatment. It depends on your age and life situation and if this is an infection you got at birth etc. I really believe that HBV needs to be treated at any level of infection because it can come back spike up and cause liver damage and cancer. That is not a universally held opinion, however. You may want to get another opinion and then make up your mind. In any case you need to get teste for HBVDNA frequently, like 4 times per year because it may go up and down and that may change your doctor's mind. Good luck! DTD

Hep B test-stressing here-HELP SOON!!!!!
When can i try to conceive after Hep A vaccine?