Hepsera Withrawal Symptoms

I initiated hepsera treatment to help combat prolonged fatigue. Enzyme levels had been normal and always had an active, but low DNA.While the drug made the DNA undetectable, there was no change in energy. After withrawing now for one month, the effects are similar to inital period-severe malaise, weak, eyes and pronounced fatigue. Blood tests indicate very high alt and dna levels. Any research on how long this state can last? My impulse is to go back on the drug since this state is so severely debilitating. Thanking you in advance, Stephen Altman

Response from Dr. Dieterich

There has really been very little published about adefovir(Hepsera)withdrawal. I really doubt that it exists. You really need to stay on it and keep that DNA undectable to reduce your chances of progression or liver cancer. The fatigue may be due to something else. Good luck! DTD

cytomegalovirus
Additional Testing?