|boyfriend tested + for hep b
Apr 10, 2005
my boyfriend 's doctor took a blood test and told him it was a chance that he had hep b. in the meantime of waiting for his results i got tested for hep b and hep c, both test came back neg. i continued to have sex unprtected with boyfriend. a week ago he found out he has a small amount of hep b but his doctor said he does not need a meds. can i have gotten infected even though i tested neg for it?
Response from Dr. McGovern
I would want to proceed with further counseling by the physician to get the full details.
In the meantime, get immunized for hepatitis B and use condoms until all immunizations are done and you have been tested to see if the vaccine worked.
6 month wait after exposure before testing
- Groin Pain After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Hairy Tongue After Sharing Sex Toys Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Giving Oral Sex Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Had Hepatitis B Vaccine Can You Still Get Hepatitis B
- How Long Do Doxycycline Take To Cure Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.