Unluckiest guy in the world, that might be me!

I found out on Jan 26th that I had Hep B. I initially was very ill but now and much better. My liver function is normal but I still test positive for Hep and have not developed antibodies. My question is on Feb 3rd I tested neg for HIV and am currently awaiting my 12 week test from the Hep diagnosis. How common is it to get infected with both Hep and Hiv at the same time? And would it be a good sign that while I had active symptoms and was testing positive for Hep that I was testing neg for HIV?

Thanks so much. Hopefully not a two time loser.

One other thing I should suggest in addition to my previous answer is: get hepatitis A vaccine if you have not been exposed before.

Dr. McGovern

6 month wait after exposure before testing