|hep-B carrier marrying non-hep B
Apr 10, 2005
Hi! I'm a hepatitis B carrier [well, I was born with it and I'm currently on Epivir, but I've never had an infection or a problem because of it] that's getting married to a non HBV in July.
He's had two out of three of his hepatitis B vaccination, but we were wondering if there's anything else we should know or be careful of...? Thank you so much!
Response from Dr. McGovern
1. I would have him complete his series and then get hepatitis B surface antibody level testing to be certain that the vaccine worked. 2. He should have testing from time to time to be certain that his level of protective antibody is still present. 3. If the levels are not protective, I would use condoms consistently until he responds to booster immunizations. 4. Have your health care provider follow up on your HBV levels to see if you need to consider alternative new treatments such as entecavir. By the way, if you have already been on epivir, you will need a higher dose of entecavir.
how much time do I have left for treatment?
- Is Dizziness A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Chest Cold After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Have Sex While Being Treated For Std?
- Causative Agents Of Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Burning Sensation In Groin Area
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.