|Laboratory Results and Immigration
Apr 10, 2005
I have two inquiries:
1. Kindly interpret my hepatitis profile:
HBsAg = 3663, reactive ANTI-Hbs= 2.0 negative Anti-HBc IgG= .005 reactive Anti-HAV IgM= .268 negative HbeAg=.083 negative Anti-Hbe=.002 rective SGOT=64.9 SGPT=163 Alkaline phosphate=105.3
2. We have an application for permanent residence in Canada filed last July 8, 2004 here in Philippines. I just want to have a doctors point of view if I have a Hepa B, does this mean my application will be disapproved due to my health is a great risk to public and my health is excessive demand for medication.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
It appears that you are a chronic carrier of hepatitis B. Your doctor will need to perform one more test - Hepatitis B DNA to see if you have virus in your blood. If so, you should be evaluated further with a liver biopsy to determine how much liver disease you have.
There are many new treatments for hepatitis B including entecavir, which is relatively easy to take. I don't think this should be an issue for your relocation.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Oral Ulcers After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Pain In Urethra After Masturbation Worried I Have
- Painful Ejaculation After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Licking Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Performing Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- How Long After Unprotected Sex Does It Take To Know You May Have A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.