Viral Loads

I was diagnosed today with Hep C 1A. I still don't know my viral load, do the virla load have anything to do with how load a person my have contracted the HCV virus? I may have goten it 15 years ago?

Your hepatitis C viral load is only helpful for one thing: 1. To determine what your baseline level is so your physician can follow the number while you are being treated. The number of viruses in your bloodstream should go down by a certain amount (2 logs) by 12 weeks of treatment.

The level of viral load will not tell how you got HCV. It will also not help determine how much damage you have in your liver.

Dr. McGovern

Mr. Rocky Balboa
Laboratory Results and Immigration