high alt levels

hi barbara i hope u are fine i am hoping u can help me with this question i have high alt levels 146 i test negative for hiv and hep a b and c 8 months after my last exposer i was wondering is 8 months enough testing for hiv and hep and if overweight and have fatty liver high hemaglobin and high iron can that cause my alt levels to be high thank u and i hope u will respone.

The question you ask is excellent. Although we tend to focus on viral hepatitis, you have had a thorough work-up and the answer is yes - you can have other causes of liver disease, such as steatohepatitis and hemochromatosis.

I would strongly suggest you see a liver specialist to be evaluated further for a liver biopsy.

Dr. McGovern

is 50 hours later still a risk exposure for HCV
Please offer hope