Hep B Doctor in NYC

Dear Dr. Dieterich, I was recently diagnosed with HBV. I don't have any other medical problems. I am very worried as this is all new to me. My current doctor does not seem like he knows much about HBV. When I asked him about my viral load he said I do not need that test because I have chronic HBV. Browsing through this forum it seems it is just the opposite. Can you recommend a specialist in NYC who I can see, and feel confident that he is an expert.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Sure, come on uptown to Mt Sinai. I will be happy to see you! We are just getting ready to start a study on Hepatitis B comparing adefovir(Hepsera) to tenofovir(Viread). If you qualify, you get free drugs and medical care for the length of the study! 212 241 7270 is our phone number.Also at Mt Sinai you can see Paul Martin 212 241 0034. At Cornell, Ira Jacobson and Columbia Bob Brown and NYU Hillel Tobias are all colleagues and friends and understand hepatitis B. Actually very few docs understand Hepatitis B. You are correct to seek expert advice. Happy to discuss in person. DTD

Living abroad and scared!!!
3rd Try PLZ help Need reassurance