|Viral Loads and Stages
Mar 28, 2005
I was recently diagnosed with Hep C 1A. Now I'm waiting on the test results for the nunmber of viral loads I have and I have to have a liver biopsy. Does the length of time the virus is in the body have anything to with the number of the viral loads? I believe I was infected 15 years ago and does a Hep A immunization offer any help? I receveid the immunization in 2001 and 2003? Lastly, they said my enzymes were low does this have anything to do with the amount of damage done to my liver? PLease help, thank you in advance for your response.
Response from Dr. McGovern
1. The level of virus is important to know prior to treatment since we gauge your response based on the slope of decline of the virus level in 12 weeks. 2. Hepatitis A and B vaccine is recommended for all patients with hepatitis C who have not been exposed to those viruses. 3. Your liver enzymes can be low or normal and you can still have significant liver damage. They are not the best marker of disease.
- Picking Your Nose Risk Of Getting HIV
- Ache In Testicles After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Sex With Hooker Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Red Spots After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Needle Stick Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.