Viral Loads and Stages

I was recently diagnosed with Hep C 1A. Now I'm waiting on the test results for the nunmber of viral loads I have and I have to have a liver biopsy. Does the length of time the virus is in the body have anything to with the number of the viral loads? I believe I was infected 15 years ago and does a Hep A immunization offer any help? I receveid the immunization in 2001 and 2003? Lastly, they said my enzymes were low does this have anything to do with the amount of damage done to my liver? PLease help, thank you in advance for your response.

1. The level of virus is important to know prior to treatment since we gauge your response based on the slope of decline of the virus level in 12 weeks. 2. Hepatitis A and B vaccine is recommended for all patients with hepatitis C who have not been exposed to those viruses. 3. Your liver enzymes can be low or normal and you can still have significant liver damage. They are not the best marker of disease.

Dr. McGovern

HBV DNA
co-infect