|Viral Loads and Stages
Mar 28, 2005
I was recently diagnosed with Hep C 1A. Now I'm waiting on the test results for the nunmber of viral loads I have and I have to have a liver biopsy. Does the length of time the virus is in the body have anything to with the number of the viral loads? I believe I was infected 15 years ago and does a Hep A immunization offer any help? I receveid the immunization in 2001 and 2003? Lastly, they said my enzymes were low does this have anything to do with the amount of damage done to my liver? PLease help, thank you in advance for your response.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
1. The level of virus is important to know prior to treatment since we gauge your response based on the slope of decline of the virus level in 12 weeks. 2. Hepatitis A and B vaccine is recommended for all patients with hepatitis C who have not been exposed to those viruses. 3. Your liver enzymes can be low or normal and you can still have significant liver damage. They are not the best marker of disease.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Urine After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Ear Infection After Fingering Stripper Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Flu Symptoms After Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Touching Used Condom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Night Sweats After Giving Oral Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.