HBV Vaccine

Hello Dr. McGovern, Why is the HBV vaccination administered 3 times? Wouldn't a one time shot be sufficient? Please explain what the second and third shots do that the first cannot do. My doctor gave me the first shot in February this year and she said another at the end of March and the last at the end of June. If I have HBV, will the HBV vaccination help my body start producing all the antibodies against HBV? Thank you for your time and response.

The immune responses to hepatitis B vaccine have been very well studied and the body seems to require three separate doses of vaccine in order to respond.

There are also some people who don't respond to 3 doses and actually need a fourth.

Dr. McGovern

Second time asking..Please help me