Second time asking..Please help me

Dr: Barbara 45 years old , Male , Chronic HEP B .The doctor decided to put me on Zeffix .He blieves that there will be a responce and the reason is for the treatment is my HBV DNA level >10000 IU/ML.I have started Zeffix with the vaccination of A&B HBV and the reason from the doctor to use the vaccination is to help my amune system and Zeffix treatment to deal with the virus.Shall I continue ? and if there is no responce and i stop taking the therapy shall my virus come back worse than it is now ?

1-test in 1996 showed HbsAg: Positive, HbeAg: Negative, Anti HBC total positive, Anti HBC IGM: Negative, Anti HBE: Positive, Anti HBS: Negative. Anti HCV total: Negative. With normal LFT test. 2- Abdomen ultra sound is NORMAL. 3-AFP TEST=1.38 (REF- 00-5.8) - HBV-DNA (qualitative) using COBAS TAQMAN HBV KIT IS POSITIVE.

-HBV-DNA (quantative) using COBAS TAQMAN HBV KIT IS POSITIVE and showed the following results:

A- 14693 IU/ML (Moderate Viraemna). B-85219 C/ML . C-4.17 Log IU/ML . D- Sens.threshold:6 IU/ML LFT's Results : ALP2S=79 U/L Albumin = 4.8 g/dl

Bilirubin Direct= 0.1 mg/dl

Bilirubin Total= 0.61 mg/dl

Gamma GT = 28 U/L

SGOT= 16 U/L

SGPT =24 U/L

Total Protein= 7.51 g/dl

Alk.Phos.=85 U/L Trigl=136 mg/dl

The treatment of hepatitis B is advancing daily.

Zeffix, also known as Epivir, is effective against hepatitis B. It is more effective in patients with elevated liver function tests than in patients with low liver function tests.

Patients can become resistant to this drug, but the good news is that there are other options for treatment of hepatitis B including a new medication called entecavir which was just approved last week. Other options include adefovir and interferon.

Good luck!

Dr. McGovern

THANK YOU
HBV Vaccine