viramune

I was taking combivir and viramune. My cd4 count is at 48 and my viral load is at 140,000. After my last dr's appt., he took me off the viramune. I didn't get an indication as this was done via mail. Also, he wants me to go and have a series of blood test done. Is there a chance that my liver could be damaged after taking the viramune for about 4 months? Please help as I am worried out of my mind. Thanks Worried.

It appears that it is not certain why he has stopped your viramune. I would simply ask what the problem is and discuss this further. If your liver tests are abnormal and you have underlying hepatitis B or C, I would get further information - such as a liver biopsy.

Dr. McGovern

I Have hep c genotype 1a
Follow up 4th try concerned ?