|post treating hep c
Mar 12, 2005
Dear dr. what are the rules following treatment of hep c. my dr. has just let me go and has done no follow up. I have requested a PCR Qualitative test for my 1 year anniversary of finishing treatment, but get no reply from him, what should I do?Is drinking still a no-no?
Response from Dr. McGovern
In my patients, I always get a qualitative test 6 months after finishing treatment to confirm that the response is sustained. If a patient requests a repeat test one year later, we will accomodate, but frankly, there are very very few relapses later on. The cure is durable.
Alcohol can be considered with moderation - 1 drink a day would be reasoanble.
will I still be positive
about hepa B
- Sex With A Prostitute Do I Need To Get Tested For AIDS
- Burning Red Spots After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Dizziness After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Giving A Bj Worried I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Protected Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Lymph Nodes After Sex With Hooker Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.