ELEVATED SGPT, SGOT, AND SERUM AMYLASE
Mar 12, 2005
This is regarding my father's recent tests. His SGPT is 166, SGOT is 93, and serum amylase is at 324. He is a daily drinker and a chain smoker. His last blood pressure was 160/100. Please please tell me about the possible risks and complications of these elevated results. Will he be able to come back to the normal range. Waiting eagerly for your response and thanx in advance.
Response from Dr. McGovern
There are many potential reasons for his elevated liver tests including alcohol, hepatitis viruses, medications, and obesity.
It is hard to say what the prognosis for his liver tests are when I don't know what his disease is, nor results of a liver biopsy.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Vagina After Touching Used Condom Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Getting Fingered Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Glands After Licking Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Sucking Penis Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Kissing Cut On Lip Worried I Have HIV
- White Discharge After Nipple Biting Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.