|Hep exposure risk
Mar 12, 2005
Today I was in a parent teacher conference with a parent who is a known drug addict. After shaking his hand I noticed that he had a cut with caked, dried blood around it. I have a couple of healing cuts on my hand (they are not scabed over). Is there any risk of contracting hep a, b,or c from this type of contact? I am concerned because I am breast feeding my son and he has not been vaccinated for Hep B yet.
| Response from Dr. McGovern
I would not consider this a risk at all. Dr. McGovern
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flu Symptoms After Rimming Worried I Have HIV
- Headache After Reused Needle Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Rash After Sharing Sex Toys Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Skin After Getting Head Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Testicles After Oral Sex Form Sex Worker Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Pain In Penis After Reused Needle Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.