|Help what should I do now?
Mar 12, 2005
After 13 weeks on Pegasys/Ribavirin my viral load had gone from 15.6 million to 13.9 million. Not exactly the numbers I was hoping for. Should I stop the treatment now? I am genotype 1b.
Response from Dr. McGovern
There are two different answers to this question depending on your goals and the goals of your physician.
1. If you have mild disease and you were going for the "cure" I would stop treatment. 2. If your biopsy showed advanced disease, I would continue treatment since interferon has a positive effect on the health of the liver, even in many patients who don't have clearance of virus.
Hep B (blood test)
Hep exposure risk
- When You Have Genital Herpes How Often Will I Break Out?
- What Medication Is Used To Treat Chlamydia?
- What Is The Difference Between Herpes Igg And Igm?
- What Effects Does Syphilis Have On Sterility And Infertility?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes Through Unprotected Sex?
- Treatment Of Male Partner Bacterial Vaginosis
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.