Help what should I do now?

After 13 weeks on Pegasys/Ribavirin my viral load had gone from 15.6 million to 13.9 million. Not exactly the numbers I was hoping for. Should I stop the treatment now? I am genotype 1b.

There are two different answers to this question depending on your goals and the goals of your physician.

1. If you have mild disease and you were going for the "cure" I would stop treatment. 2. If your biopsy showed advanced disease, I would continue treatment since interferon has a positive effect on the health of the liver, even in many patients who don't have clearance of virus.

Dr. McGovern

Hep B (blood test)
Hep exposure risk