With hepititis c should I have a baby

I had gotten real sick and went to the hospital about 3 months ago and was tested poitive for hepititis c. They said I caught it within 6 months to a year ago. I still get pains in my liver. Do I have a higher risk then 5% of giving it to a baby now because I just caught it recently? Should i wait a few years to have one?

I would advise getting your hepatitis C virus level retested since about 20 percent of patients clear the virus on their own. It is possible for that to happen to you also and only repeat testing will tell if you are chronically infected or not.

It will also tell the level of virus. The risk of transmission will be about 5 percent to your baby.

Alternatively, you could be treated for HCV first if you find it hard to accept a 5 percent risk and perhaps you can cure your hepatitis C before becoming pregnant.

Dr. McGovern

bleeding during sexual intercouse
HBeAg s/co=39, serious ?