Mar 12, 2005
I had a trace of blood on my findegers which I habitually rubbed on my lips and the area under my nose. I washed my face a 15-20 minutes later. If the blood is HepC+ , what is the probability of contracting HepC this way? No visible cuts on face but had shaved an hour before. Also some tap water from the area may have entered my nose upon the washing.
Response from Dr. McGovern
I would suspect extremely very low risk. I would not pursue testing for this. Dr. MCGovern
Can you get Hepititus from a beverage?
Hep B Test
- What If A Person With Hpv Uses The Restroom And Does Not Wash Their Hands Can You Get It?
- What Does Being A Carrier Of Herpes Mean?
- What Are The Chances Of Getting Herpes With A Condom On?
- Waiting Time For Chlamydia Test Results
- Vitamins That Suppress Herpes Outbreaks
- Is Using A Condom A Guaranteed Way To Prevent Genital Herpes?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.