|Hep B Blood result
Mar 12, 2005
Is this bad? HBsAg = Positive Hep Be Ag = Negative Hep B Core Ab, IgM = Negative Hep B Core Ab, Tot = Positive Hep Be Ab = Positive Hep B Surface Ab < 3.0 mIU/mL AST = 27 ALT = 39 AFP = 2 ng/mL HBV DNA = 575,000 copies/mL
I know I'm a carrier but has the virus goes active now?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
It means that you are a chronic carrier of hepatitis B but your liver function tests are normal. At this point I would simply go to your physician for quarterly follow-ups and consider treatment when your liver function tests become abnormal.
Also - there will be some new treatments which are very promising for hepatitis B soon.When the time is right, you will have many options.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Chest Cold After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Diarrhea After Kissing Cold Sore Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Mouth After Fisting Worried I Have HIV
- Flu Symptoms After Giving Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Penis Discharge After Receptive Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.