Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Hepatitis and HIV CoinfectionHepatitis and HIV Coinfection

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

2nd post plz help
Mar 12, 2005

hey doctor's let me start off by saying that it is wonderful what you guys have made this site to be. great to see people putting there energies toward something that helps people.

Ok here is my question. 3 and half to 4 years ago i had dry blood on my hand(Not my own blood). i didn't notice it till after i pick some of my breakfast out from behind my teeth. The blood spot was small not bigger then a thumb nail and dry. i got some on my tongue and/or the roof of my mouth. I imeadatly rinsed my mouth out. The blood had prolly been on my hand for a good 15 minutes at around room temp. OK then I got all freaked out about it and had a hiv/hep b test done after 2 weeks negative. Then again at 3 months negative again. Then about 6 months ago i noticed that i had a white film starting to develop on the inner portions of my upper and lower lip. I freaked out and got tested again. So after 3.5-4 years after Elisa test negative again. I'm not high risk at all I have never done drugs, and waiting til i get married to have sex. Now i guess i have 4 questions for you.1 What can this white stuff be I have been reading about thursh but this stuff is only a film that comes right off sometimes when i dont wipe/brush it off it simply fades away on its own. There is no red tissue underneath, no bleeding, and no pain. On a few occasions i have noticed that the same film once in a while will get on my inner check too, but not very often again no pain, redness or blood then either. 2nd Can i trust my test results I know the one after 2 weeks is not good but the one at 3 months and 3.5 years are they trustowrthy. 3 What are the chances of catching hiv through the event I listed above. 4 Do i have anything is there a chance that I do or is my head just playing games with me. A little more info about me is i know i dont drink enough water, and I often breath through my mouth if htis helps at all. please respond doc I need your advice badly. Thanks in advance

Response from Dr. McGovern

First of all- I would forget about the dried blood incident completely. You have been tested - you are negative - take relief in that and I would not pursue any more testing unless there is a new risk behavior.

I doubt you have thrush. Just ask your doctor or dentist to look at the film and I am sure you will get more reassurance.

Please be reassured you are not at risk. Dr. McGovern

Previous
worried about son
Next
Hep B Blood result

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.