Mar 12, 2005
My Hepatitis B Surface Antigen ( HBsAg) was positive , and it was measured as 131 S/N five years ago . ( I live in Canada) Now my HBsAg is measured at 26 S/N-positive. Can you tell me what does it mean? Does it mean I am better than five years ago?
| Response from Dr. McGovern
No - It just tells me that you are a chronic carrier of hepatitis B, but it does not tell me whether you are an active or inactive carrier.
You need to have the full panel of results including hepatitis B DNA testing.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Herpes After Sex With Sex Worker Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Precum Touching Vagina Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Muscle Ache After Getting Fingered Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Rectal Bleeding After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Drinking Water Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Feet After Anal Sex Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.