world epademic of hep c paranoia

Dear Dr Dieterich, M.D.

Being one of the many people paranoid about catching hep c, i have found that you are the only pearson who talks straight and true.

I like many who have contacted you, worry that hep c can be contracted through microscopic particles of dry blood. This never entered my head until one day i read about how you can contract hep c through microscopic cuts from microscopic particals of blood. If you answer my questions im sure it will put an end to all the paranoia.

If someone touches dry blood with a dry hand can they transfer microscopic particals of dry blood onto other surfaces? Then if you touch the same surface can you transfer the particals to other surfaces and so on?

If this is possible, wouldnt the microscopic particals be so small and they would be that dry, that the hep c virus would all ready be dead and no threat.

People are affraid of what they carn't see and all the info on the net just adds to their worry because they carn't get a straight answer.

Hope you can help. Many thanks.

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Hepatitis C is not transmitted by dry microscopic particles! All you folks who worry about that STOP! There are plenty of other things to worry about, hunger, peace, etc, don't waste your energy worrying about catching HCV from dry surfaces! The virus has to get into your blood stream in a substantail quantity like from a hollow bore needle stick. Enjoy your lives! DTD

surgery
Has a question on HBV DNA Result