Mar 9, 2005
Can you have HIV (undetectable with meds) and HCV (undetectable while doing treatment) and undergo bypass surgery? The heart doctor thinks the risk of infection is too great with surgery. Is this true?
| Response from Dr. Dieterich
I dont think so. We are doing liver transplants in people with those numbers here at Mount Sinai and in 16 other places in the country. That is a much bigger operation than heart surgery. I think you may want to consult another surgeon. Good luck! DTD
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Itchy Rash After Masturbation Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Having Sex During Period Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Itchy Vagina After Licking Rectum Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Sore Throat After Kissing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Stinging Pain After Receptive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Chlamydia Test Of Cure
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.