I am considering visiting a Professional Domme, but am concerned about health risks associated with BDSM play. Whips and floggers can break the skin. I've read that leather can retain trace amounts of blood. 1.)What is the probability that Hepatitis or anything else can be passed from one person to another in this way? 2.)Also what is the risk of having broken skin and being in contact with bondage furniture that might have traces of dried blood or semen? 3.)I've been assured that everything is sterilized, but how effective is sterilization in killing Hepatitis? 4.)Are there any questions i should ask the Domme about their sterilization methods?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Sound like a risky idea for a variety of reasons! It would surprise me if anyone sterilized leather whips etc. It is impossible to say what the chances are of transmission from whips, not much data, but it sure would worry me! Maybe limiting your exposure to movies would be safer! Stay well! DTD

Hepatitis c & kidneys failed
HBsAg Results