Could I been infected by a deep kiss?

Hi Dr... Please answer my question, I'm very worried.

I went 5 days ago to a bachelors party with stripers (prostitutes). I did not have sex with them, but in one of the games one of the dancers gave me a french kiss for about 20 seconds. The problem is that early that day, 8 hours before the kiss, I had cracked lips and I pulled some skin with my fingers living some little cuts and a little blood came out. By the time of the kiss the cuts where apparently closed and only covered with dry blood. My fear is, could I get infected with aids or another venereal deicease?

Today, 5 days ago, I have a strong cough and, as I read on the web, I think that this could be an early symptom of aids or some venereal dicease. I try to get calmed telling my self that this consecuence of the cigar and the singing that I get that day, but linking again all the issues with the kiss gets me to the same point of the posibility of having aids. I read thet the symptoms start the second week after the contact, but it is possible to have the symptoms after only four or five days?

Please, give your advice, I would really appreciate because I'm married with a 3 months pregnant wife, and docens of ideas are crossing my mind every day. Should I have any special care during the 3 months period previous the aids test?

Response from Dr. Dieterich

Sounds like you have a cold and guilt. Forget it! Get over your cold by taking good care of yourself and your wife and put this behind you and be careful in the future! DTD

4th try Concerned
Hepatitis c & kidneys failed